April 1, 2013

At the window


I woke up this morning to pouring rain, and for some reason it made me think of window seats.



Maybe that's because when I was a child, on rainy days I would kneel (on my bony, scraped-up knees) for hours looking out the front windows, waiting for the rain to stop so I could go out and play.

Those poor knees were on fire by the time I gave up and found a book to read instead. Just think, if we had had window seats in our house, I would have been spared all that pain.

Now, decades later, I still love to sit in the window and watch the rain, but for entirely different reasons. With big trees all around my house, I enjoy gazing at the gleaming wetness of the leaves. I admire the way they can take a pounding, for hours and hours, and still hold their drunken little heads up high when the sun comes out. 

So my current window seat resides in my imagination. It has beautiful curtains...



Or shades...



Definitely pillows...




And maybe a chandelier from outer space.



A furry throw for warmth...





Enough books for a year of reading ...




Enough space for hours of napping.




Oops, are these too many pillows? But they're so pretty, I can forgive the indulgence. 
Really, which of these would you take away? 





I wish all of you a beautiful front row seat to the next rainy -- or sunny -- day.
  




© 2013 by A Silken Swoon. All rights reserved. All photos via Pinterest.   

1 comment:

  1. Great commentary and pictures. I want to lie on the window seat in the last picture! LB

    ReplyDelete