February 14, 2013

A dog's life

Did you catch the gorgeous creatures strutting down the runway earlier this week?




No I don't mean these.











 




I mean these. 






























Every year, when I watch the Westminster Dog Show, I wonder: where do these pooches live? Are their homes as polished and perfect as they are?




So I decided to try pairing some of the Best in Breed winners with homes I think they belong in. 








A vision in brown and white should be... 








...right here. Imagine all the fun he'd have trying to jump up on those stools.
(What do you mean, no?)










Beautiful as a piece of sculpture.













So they made one of him and put it on the sofa console.











The black and white country dog.














The black and white country living room.



By Darryl Carter, via Elle Decor







Cute, cuddly, friendly. 












Cuddly, friendly corner.


via Architectural Digest





When I found my beautiful rescue dog last year, some friends suggested I chose him because he has a certain, shall we say, rapport with my decor.




I protest! 

(It was those eyes that got me. And the perpetually wiggling nose.)

Although when I got him home, I admit I was astonished at how well he fit with my color scheme.


Hmmm...the power of the unconscious?






2 comments:

  1. Love designer fashions, love interior design, love dogs and love your blog!

    LV

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big smile on my face reading this blog. Much more fun than the typical owner/dog match up. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete